Apply – The application is available on the College Opportunity Fund website. Authorize – Grant CSU the permission to request your stipend from the state of Colorado from the link provided on your RAMweb (see instructions in FAQ below). Register – Register for resident instruction (RI), undergraduate courses on RAMweb.
- 1 How do you qualify for the College Opportunity Fund?
- 2 Who qualifies for cof?
- 3 How much does the College Opportunity Fund pay?
- 4 Is the College Opportunity Fund a loan?
- 5 What is a stipend for college?
- 6 How can I fund my education?
- 7 How much is the COF?
- 8 What is COF tuition?
- 9 How do I apply for a student grant in Colorado?
- 10 What does COF mean in college?
- 11 What is College Assist?
How do you qualify for the College Opportunity Fund?
You’re eligible for COF if you’re all of the following:
- An undergraduate student.
- Classified as a Colorado resident and being charged in-state tuition (some exceptions apply).
- Admitted and enrolled at a Colorado public institution (e.g., CU Boulder) or a participating private institution.
Who qualifies for cof?
Receive undergraduate instruction and have not exceeded the 145 credit hour limit or have completed a baccalaureate degree and are eligible to receive stipend payments for an additional 30 credit hours. (CRS 23-18-202-(5)(c)(I))
How much does the College Opportunity Fund pay?
The COF stipend will pay $94 per eligible credit, so if you take 30 credits this year, COF will pay $2,820 of your total tuition. How will I find out what it costs to attend UNC?
Is the College Opportunity Fund a loan?
The state is no longer appropriating monies to institutions for undergraduate education, but is providing direct funding to undergraduate students through the “College Opportunity Fund” or “COF.” This program is also known as “vouchers” or “stipends.” COF is not a loan, nor is it financial aid.
What is a stipend for college?
A stipend is a periodic payment other than wages paid to a student in connection with educationally- related activities undertaken by the student. Stipends may be paid in various forms.
How can I fund my education?
How to Pay for College: 8 Expert-Approved Tips
- Fill out the FAFSA.
- Search for scholarships.
- Choose an affordable school.
- Use grants if you qualify.
- Get a work-study job.
- Tap your savings.
- Take out federal loans if you have to.
- Borrow private loans as a last resort.
How much is the COF?
How much is the COF stipend worth? The amount for the academic year 2020-2021 has been set at $40.00 per semester credit hour for eligible students.
What is COF tuition?
The College Opportunity Fund is a tuition discount provided by the state of Colorado to students who meet the qualifications for in-state tuition rates and lawful presence in the United States.
How do I apply for a student grant in Colorado?
Colorado College Grants
- Pick up an application at the chosen educational institute’s financial aid office.
- Call the FAFSA and request an application by mail at 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243) or 319-337-5665.
- Download an application from the FAFSA website or submit an online application at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
What does COF mean in college?
College Opportunity Fund (COF) Information The College Opportunity Fund provides eligible undergraduate students with a stipend that pays for a portion of in-state tuition. If you’re a resident of Colorado, you must apply for COF.
What is College Assist?
Welcome to ASSIST! ASSIST is an online student-transfer information system that shows how course credits earned at one public California college or university can be applied when transferred to another.