How to Apply for the DREAM Act
- Submit a DREAM Act Application online (SMC School Code: 00128600).
- Submit an AB 540 Affidavit to Admissions and Records Office with an official High School Transcript, GED certificate or the equivalent.
- Apply to SMC today!
- 1 What is an ab540 student?
- 2 Is ab540 only for undocumented students?
- 3 How do I enroll in SMC?
- 4 How can I get into Santa Monica College for free?
- 5 How do I qualify for AB 540?
- 6 Can AB 540 students work?
- 7 Is AB540 the same as DACA?
- 8 How do you qualify for college promises?
- 9 Do DACA students qualify for in state tuition?
- 10 Is Santa Monica College a 4 year college?
- 11 How much is tuition at SMC?
- 12 What is Santa Monica College known for?
- 13 Why is Santa Monica College a good school?
What is an ab540 student?
As part of the California Education Code, AB 540 allows certain students who have attended high school in California for 3 or more years and earned a high school diploma or its equivalent to be exempt from paying nonresident tuition at California public universities, including UC San Diego.
Is ab540 only for undocumented students?
AB 540 is only available to United States citizens, legal permanent residents, and undocumented immigrant students who meet the eligibility requirements outlined under AB 540.
How do I enroll in SMC?
Applying to SMC is Easy!
- Step 1: Apply to SMC. Note: Parents should not complete the application on behalf of the student, but may assist.
- Step 2: Apply for Financial Aid.
- Step 3: Complete Orientation.
- Step 4: Review Course Placement.
- Step 5: Develop Education Plan/See Counselor.
- Step 6: Enroll in Classes.
How can I get into Santa Monica College for free?
First-time, full-time, first- year FREE! If you graduated from high school anywhere in California, you’re eligible for free enrollment in classes, free Student ID card, free Associated Students membership, and free health fee!
How do I qualify for AB 540?
Undocumented students are eligible for AB 540/ SB 68 as long as the student has attended high school in California for 3 or more years AND prior to the start of the semester term graduated/received a diploma from a California High School, or has attained a High School Equivalency Certificate (a California GED), or a
Can AB 540 students work?
Students with DACA status are eligible to work in various positions, including teaching assistantships, graduate student researcher positions and others.
Is AB540 the same as DACA?
Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) Nonresident students with an AB540 exemption will be charged the same tuition rate as resident students. Students who wish to be classified as residents for tuition purposes must first contact the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships (OFAS) for counseling.
How do you qualify for college promises?
Apply by completing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act Application (CADAA) to be considered for the CCPG Fee Waiver and other financial aid. Sustain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher and have a cumulative completion rate of more than 50 percent of the coursework you attempt.
Do DACA students qualify for in state tuition?
Currently, at least 19 states have provisions allowing for in-state tuition rates for undocumented students. At least seven states—California, Colorado, Minnesota, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington—currently allow undocumented students to receive state financial aid.
Is Santa Monica College a 4 year college?
Santa Monica College – a two-year community college accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges – opened in 1929 with just 153 students. Santa Monica College is one of the most affordable institutions of higher education in the world.
How much is tuition at SMC?
You must also have at least a 3.0 (high school) GPA. If you are a continuing college student, you must have completed at least 12 college units with a 3.0 (college).
What is Santa Monica College known for?
From liberal arts to sciences, accounting to film production, SMC’s career- and transfer-oriented programs rival the nation’s best universities. Just in the past 10 years, SMC faculty crafted over 300 new courses in 58 subject areas—and the list keeps growing! See what SMC Degrees and Certificates are available.
Why is Santa Monica College a good school?
Santa Monica College is a very good school where learning is easy and fun. The teachers are very good and they are willing to help you when you need it. There is plenty of help and one-on-one counseling.