How to Apply Online
- Visit the CUNY application page to create an account or log into CUNYfirst.
- Complete the online application and submit the application fee. Be sure to select your programs of choice at LaGuardia.
- Submit documents (high school transcripts, GED, TASC and/or other test scores) to CUNY.
- 1 What are the requirements to get into LaGuardia Community College?
- 2 Is it easy to get into LaGuardia Community College?
- 3 What GPA do you need to get into LaGuardia Community College?
- 4 Is LaGuardia Community College free?
- 5 What is LaGuardia Community College known for?
- 6 What is the graduation rate for LaGuardia Community College?
- 7 Will CUNY be online in the fall 2021?
- 8 How many classes can you fail in community college?
- 9 Does LaGuardia Community College have dorms?
- 10 Does LaGuardia Community College accept all majors into its ASAP program?
- 11 Is LaGuardia a 4 year college?
- 12 How much is a class at a community college?
- 13 Is CUNY free for NYC residents?
What are the requirements to get into LaGuardia Community College?
- High school diploma and an official high school transcript OR original GED/TASC diploma and scores.
- $65.00 fee payable by credit or debit card (preferable) or by check or cash.
- Original green card if you are a permanent resident or work authorization card (if applicable).
Is it easy to get into LaGuardia Community College?
It is a mid-size institution with an enrollment of 9,972 undergraduate students. The LaGuardia acceptance rate is 100%.
What GPA do you need to get into LaGuardia Community College?
Admission Requirements To take an online class, a student must have completed at least one semester at LaGuardia and achieved a cumulative grade-point average (GPA) of 2.0 or better on all college-level work.
Is LaGuardia Community College free?
LaGuardia CARES (College Access for Retention and Economic Success) connects students with resources, referrals and local community services to overcome financial barriers, stay in school and graduate. All of our services are free for LaGuardia students and their immediate family members.
What is LaGuardia Community College known for?
LaGuardia has the largest English as a Second Language (ESL) program in New York City. We train and prepare New Yorkers for jobs in high growth areas, including healthcare, technology, advanced industrial and manufacturing.
What is the graduation rate for LaGuardia Community College?
Fiorello H Laguardia High School 2021 Rankings Fiorello H Laguardia High School is ranked #243 in the National Rankings. Schools are ranked on their performance on state-required tests, graduation and how well they prepare students for college. Read more about how we rank the Best High Schools.
Will CUNY be online in the fall 2021?
CUNY campuses are preparing for a safe and gradual return to mostly in-person instruction and support services in time for the start of classes in Fall 2021.
How many classes can you fail in community college?
While colleges can allow up to 3, and even 4 fails of a class, it is best to not let it get to this if you can, and to do whatever you can to improve your grades.
Does LaGuardia Community College have dorms?
LaGuardia does not offer housing or meal plans.
Does LaGuardia Community College accept all majors into its ASAP program?
LaGuardia Community College ASAP at LAGCC accepts all majors except: Allied Health (with the exception of Human Services)
Is LaGuardia a 4 year college?
CUNY LaGuardia Community College is a 2-year college. A 2-year college offers programs that lead towards a Certificate or Associate’s Degree. Some students decide to transfer to a 4-year after attending a 2-year in order to complete their Bachelor’s degree.
How much is a class at a community college?
2-Year College Cost Per Credit Hour The average cost per credit hour at any 2-year institution is $141. $127 is the average cost per credit hour for in-district students at any public, 2-year institution or community college. For in-state students at community colleges, $307 is the average cost per credit hour.
Is CUNY free for NYC residents?
Nearly 230,000 New York residents attend CUNY or SUNY tuition-free thanks to the addition of students receiving the Excelsior Scholarship.