Need a College Fare ID?
- Have your eligibility document ready to upload.
- Apply using the form, selecting Mobile Number only at the top of the form.
- You will receive an email within 2 business days with your mobile College Fare ID number.
- Wait 15 minutes for account verification.
- 1 How do you get student discount on tap card?
- 2 Does OCTA have an app?
- 3 Is OCTA bus free?
- 4 Is dash free for students?
- 5 How much is reduced MetroCard?
- 6 Does OCTA accept debit?
- 7 How much does OCTA bus cost?
- 8 Can I pay bus fare with phone?
- 9 Is Metro bus free?
- 10 How much does a bus cost?
- 11 Is the bus free to ride?
- 12 Is Alexandria DASH bus free?
- 13 Can you use Metro TAP card DASH?
- 14 Where can I buy TAP card?
How do you get student discount on tap card?
How to Apply
- Create a TAP account for each student. A valid, unique email address must be used with each account.
- When the account is created, a password link will be emailed to the student’s email address.
- Log in to the student’s TAP account and submit a Reduced Fare TAP card application for K-12 Students.
Does OCTA have an app?
The sole purpose of the App and your use of the App is limited to payment of the applicable fare to ride OCTA, by using a smart phone or other electronic device. The App can be used on all OCTA’s bus lines.
Is OCTA bus free?
Bus fare is not free while riding OC Bus. You’ll be required to pay your fare or show your bus pass upon request to the coach operator or transit police. You can buy passes at Ralphs, Northgate, Vons or Pavilions grocery stores, the OCTA store, octa.net or the OC Bus mobile app. Face masks are required.
Is dash free for students?
All students who qualify and apply for the Student K-12 and or College/Vocational Reduced Fare TAP Card will be able to ride DASH for free – even for non-school related trips. If you already have a Student Reduced Fare TAP Card, you’re already able to ride DASH for free.
How much is reduced MetroCard?
About reduced fares The reduced fare is half the base fare. For example, the base fare for subways and local buses is $2.75, so the reduced fare is $1.35. There is also a Reduced-Fare AutoGate MetroCard for riders who use mobility aids or have service animals.
Does OCTA accept debit?
Do I need a debit/credit card to purchase tickets? You must use a valid Visa, MasterCard or American Express card OR a PayPal account to purchase tickets using the OC Bus Mobile Ticketing app or our OCBus.transitsherpa.com.
How much does OCTA bus cost?
The typical cost to ride the OC Bus system is $2 per ride or $5 for a day pass. Originally intended for youth up to 13 years old, OCTA board members expanded the pass to reach high-school-age teens, according to an OCTA press release.
Can I pay bus fare with phone?
Commuters can use compatible NFC phones to pay bus and train fares.
Is Metro bus free?
Starting Jan. 10, bus riders must board at the front and pay their fare. The base fare is $1.75 a ride and $100 for a monthly transit pass. Enforcement begins a month later, according to LA Metro.
How much does a bus cost?
The cost of such a bus averages between $250,000 and $280,000. A 35-foot coach will hold about 35 ambulatory passengers and cost about $250,000. A 30- foot coach will hold about 30 passengers and cost about $205,000. The average life expectancy of transit coach chassis is about 12 years.
Is the bus free to ride?
Free public transport: How to ride Auckland’s buses, trains and ferries for nothing this month. Aucklanders can ride public transport fare-free for a day this month, to mark a milestone with annual patronage hitting 100 million trips.
Is Alexandria DASH bus free?
Starting Sept. 5, the Alexandria Transit Company (DASH) will launch its bus service overhaul, the New Dash Network, as well as begin fare-free service. “We are excited to launch our highly-anticipated New DASH Network, while going fare free at the same time,” said DASH CEO and General Manager Josh Baker.
Can you use Metro TAP card DASH?
In addition to LADOT and Metro, other transit agencies in Los Angeles use the TAP system. For example, a TAP card with a Metro Day Pass is not accepted on any LADOT Commuter Express or DASH bus, and a LADOT Commuter Express pass is not valid on Metro.
Where can I buy TAP card?
How to Buy and Reload a TAP Card
- On a smartphone and smartwatch. Use the TAP app for iPhones and Android phones.
- At a TAP vendor. Buy and reload at hundreds of locations in LA County.
- At a TAP Vending Machine (TVM) TVMs are located at Metro rail stations.
- At a bus farebox.
- Online at taptogo.net.
- Call TAP Customer Service.