Explain why college is more than just attending classes.
- Are you eager to go to college? In other words are you enthusiastic and committed about college success?
- Are you a dedicated student?
- What is your ideal school?
- What strengths do you have that you feel will help you be successful in college?
- 1 How do you write a college discussion question?
- 2 How do you start a good discussion question?
- 3 What is the criteria for a good discussion question?
- 4 How do you answer a discussion question?
- 5 What are some good discussion questions?
- 6 How do you start a discussion post example?
- 7 What does a good discussion look like?
- 8 How do you start a response to a discussion post?
- 9 How do you ask questions examples?
- 10 How do you write a discussion question for a book?
- 11 How do you cite a source in a discussion post?
- 12 Does a discuss Question Need a conclusion?
- 13 How do you start a discussion essay?
- 14 How do you write a thoughtful response?
How do you write a college discussion question?
Avoid asking questions that prompt a repeating of explicit information in the text. Formulate questions that have no easy answer, and ones that can be interpreted through various perspectives.
How do you start a good discussion question?
Strong discussion questions are anchored to a specific event, scene and/or quote from a text. You should start your discussion questions by pointing your group members of a specific piece of evidence. Possible sentence starters: ▪ “On page ____, I was interested in the scene where _______________________.”
What is the criteria for a good discussion question?
What The Characteristics Of A Good Question Are
- Relevant. A good question is relevant.
- Clear. A good question is framed in a clear, easily understandable language, without any vagueness.
- Concise. A good question is usually crisp and concise.
- Guiding But Not Leading.
- Stimulates Thinking.
How do you answer a discussion question?
‘Discuss’ question words typically require an in-depth answer that takes into account all aspects of the debate concerning a research topic or argument. You must demonstrate reasoning skills with this type of question, by using evidence to make a case for or against a research topic/argument.
What are some good discussion questions?
Deep Conversation Starters
- What are the top three things on your bucket list?
- How do you think you will die?
- What has been the lowest point of your life?
- If you could ask for a miracle, what would it be?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- What is the biggest risk you’ve ever taken?
How do you start a discussion post example?
An initial post is your first response to a question posed by the instructor.
- Answer the question. Do this first if possible.
- Give evidence. Provide an explanation for your point of view, and use evidence from your text, notes, or outside research (where appropriate) to support your point.
- Explain the connection.
What does a good discussion look like?
In order for a discussion to be effective, students need to understand the value of actively listening to their peers, tolerating opposing viewpoints, and being open-minded. They also need to recognize the importance of staying focused and expressing themselves clearly.
How do you start a response to a discussion post?
There are three main ways to respond constructively to a post: “No, because ” • “Yes, and…” • “Yes, but” If you disagree with someone’s post, show that you appreciate that your classmate has an opinion, even if it’s different from your own.
How do you ask questions examples?
We use ‘what’ to ask specific information about something. Here are a few examples of questions and answers. Here are a few examples of questions and answers.
- What is your mother’s name? Her name is Lisa.
- What time is it? It’s half past four.
- What are you doing now? I’m watching TV.
How do you write a discussion question for a book?
General Book Club Questions
- What was your favorite part of the book?
- What was your least favorite?
- Did you race to the end, or was it more of a slow burn?
- Which scene has stuck with you the most?
- What did you think of the writing?
- Did you reread any passages?
- Would you want to read another book by this author?
How do you cite a source in a discussion post?
When citing a discussion post in your reference list, include the author of the post, the date, the name of the discussion thread, and the course URL. Your in-text citation would follow the normal citation order: (Smattering, 2014).
Does a discuss Question Need a conclusion?
Discuss goes beyond explanations, often requiring that an argument is presented. Discuss questions do not usually need a conclusion or overall justification.
How do you start a discussion essay?
Start by taking a side, researching your topic, and outlining your essay before launching into the introduction and your thesis statement. Create a cohesive argument in the body of your essay, and use your conclusion to draw it all together without introducing new information.
How do you write a thoughtful response?
Tips for Writing Thoughtful Discussion Responses
- Ask open-ended questions to promote discussion. Open-ended questions require individuals to write more than a simple one- or two-word answer.
- Don’t be afraid to disagree.
- Give reasons for your opinion.
- Think outside the box.
- Include outside resources.