Students seeking admission to the Nursing Day program must submit completed applications including transcripts by February 1 for fall (September) admission. Nursing Evening applications are due by October 1, for spring (January) admission.
- 1 Do community colleges offer nursing degrees?
- 2 How hard is nursing school at a community college?
- 3 How do you get a good nursing school application?
- 4 What are the requirements for Bergen Community College?
- 5 How much is nursing school at a community college?
- 6 What GPA do you need to become a nurse?
- 7 Do you have to be smart to be a nurse?
- 8 What’s an RN salary?
- 9 Is nursing a good major?
- 10 Is a 3.5 GPA good for nursing school?
- 11 How can I make my nursing application stand out?
- 12 What is the easiest nursing school to get into?
- 13 Does Bergen Community College accept everyone?
- 14 What is the acceptance rate for Bergen Community College?
- 15 How many credits do you need to graduate Bergen Community College?
Do community colleges offer nursing degrees?
Nursing Education at a Community College Finding a community college is not difficult; all states maintain a healthy community college system and most provide one year LPN programs and two-year Associates in nursing degrees. Both LPN and ADN programs provide extensive career opportunity.
How hard is nursing school at a community college?
Nursing programs at community colleges are notoriously competitive, requiring high GPAs. Registered nurses are in high demand, with the Bureau of Labor Statistics projecting the profession to grow 19.4 percent over the next seven years.
How do you get a good nursing school application?
7 Ways to Increase Your Chances of Getting Into Nursing School
- Know why you want to be a nurse. You know why you want to be a nurse.
- Do your homework.
- Research and choose a program that fits your needs.
- Cast a wider net.
- Talk to an admissions counselor.
- Meet all program requirements.
- Volunteer your time.
What are the requirements for Bergen Community College?
Students must meet one of the following criteria to be eligible for the program: Combined SAT score of minimum 1700/2400 (old point scale) OR 1200/1600 (new point scale). ACT score of 25 or higher in English AND Math.
How much is nursing school at a community college?
This degree typically takes four years to complete. Community college considerations — By contrast to the above, BSN programs offered at community colleges cost considerably less. Tuition and fees in these colleges could range anywhere from $3,000 to about $14,000 a year.
What GPA do you need to become a nurse?
BSN programs often set the minimum GPA at 3.0. ADN programs are more likely to set the minimum somewhere in the 2.0 to 2.75 range. Grades in prerequisite courses may be considered separately. *These are minimum requirements and to be competitive you should aim much higher.
Do you have to be smart to be a nurse?
Being smart is not a prerequisite to becoming a nurse. There are far more valuable skills needed, such as being able to render hard work, patience, and commitment.
What’s an RN salary?
Most registered nurses begin their career on a salary between $60,000 – $65,000.
Is nursing a good major?
With a nursing degree, you should never underestimate where you can put your skills to work. You also have the potential to begin your own business. The skillset that is cultivated in a job like nursing, along with exposure to endless possibilities, creates inspiration for many future entrepreneurs.
Is a 3.5 GPA good for nursing school?
GPA requirements vary from school to school, and some early admission nursing programs require an even higher GPA of at least 3.8 or higher (weighted or unweighted). In general, you can expect that any highly competitive nursing program will have a high GPA requirement for applicants.
How can I make my nursing application stand out?
Savvy CNA: How To Make Your Nursing School Application Stand Out
- Do your homework. Nursing is a diverse profession.
- Compare nursing schools in your area (or in another state if you need to)
- Apply early.
- Use the interview to make a good impression.
- Flaunt your patient-care skills.
- Get back up after a rejection.
What is the easiest nursing school to get into?
The easiest nursing schools to get into are;
- South Dakota State University.
- Illinois State University.
- Drexel University.
- Loyola University.
- University of Rhode Island.
- University of San Francisco.
- Saint Louis University.
- University of Connecticut.
Does Bergen Community College accept everyone?
Bergen Community College maintains an open door policy for degree and non-degree-seeking students. Most of Bergen’s academic programs are open to anyone with a high school diploma.
What is the acceptance rate for Bergen Community College?
Bergen is a public college located in Paramus, New Jersey in the New York City Area. It is a mid-size institution with an enrollment of 6,817 undergraduate students. The Bergen acceptance rate is 100%.
How many credits do you need to graduate Bergen Community College?
A student is required to complete a minimum of 64 degree credits for graduation. The College also offers a number of one-year certificate programs and short-term certificates of achievement.