The application is done through the Naval ROTC website, https://www.nrotc.navy.mil. You can begin the application process at the end of your junior year of high school. You must have your ACT or SAT scores sent to the scholarship board, and they must arrive before December 31st.
- 1 Can I apply for NROTC in college?
- 2 Can you join NROTC as a freshman in college?
- 3 Can I join NROTC as a sophomore in college?
- 4 How do you get into NROTC?
- 5 How selective is the NROTC scholarship?
- 6 What happens if my college doesn’t have NROTC?
- 7 What is the cut off age for Navy officer?
- 8 Is there an age limit for Nrotc?
- 9 Do you need a scholarship for Nrotc?
- 10 How much does Navy ROTC pay for college?
- 11 What is the Nrotc college program?
- 12 How much do ensigns make in the Navy?
- 13 Is ROTC worth it in college?
- 14 Can you apply for multiple ROTC scholarships?
- 15 What college has the largest ROTC program?
Can I apply for NROTC in college?
STUDENTS INTERESTED IN JOINING THE NROTC UNIT WHO HAVE NOT BEEN SELECTED FOR THE NATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY FOR THE COLLEGE PROGRAM. Each year students who were not awarded a National NROTC Scholarship are provided the opportunity to apply for the NROTC College Program.
Can you join NROTC as a freshman in college?
If you arrive on campus as a college freshman and desire to enroll in the NROTC program, you may apply for the College Program. By entering NROTC as a College Program student, you can apply for a three-year scholarship at the end of your freshman year.
Can I join NROTC as a sophomore in college?
Yes you can join as a sophomore.
How do you get into NROTC?
ROTC National Scholarship Requirements
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be between the ages of 17 and 26.
- Have a high school GPA of at least 2.50.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Score a minimum of 1000 on the SAT (math/verbal) or 19 on the ACT (excluding the required writing test scores)
- Meet physical standards.
How selective is the NROTC scholarship?
Navy ROTC. This is a more difficult scholarship to obtain than the Army and Air Force Scholarship. For the academic year 2018-2019, more than 5,000 high school senior applications for the scholarship were reviewed. About 1,500 applicants were awarded a scholarship.
What happens if my college doesn’t have NROTC?
If you decide not to attend an NROTC college/university, you can still receive a commission in the Navy by contacting a local Naval Officer Recruiter from the website navy.com/officer and completing Officer Candidate School (OCS).
To join the Navy, you must: Be a U.S. citizen; or Legal Permanent Resident (Enlisted) Be between the ages of 17 and 39 to enlist or be between 19 and 42 to become an Officer*
Is there an age limit for Nrotc?
Not less than 17 years old and not yet 23 by September 1 of the year starting college. Must not have reached 27th birthday upon graduation and commissioning.
Do you need a scholarship for Nrotc?
How do I join the NROTC Unit without a scholarship? Answer: The College Program is available for students that do not apply or are not selected for a national NROTC scholarship. Our website provides more information about the College Program and how to apply for consideration.
You are invited to submit an application for the Naval Reserve Officer Training Corps (NROTC) $180,000 Scholarship. The scholarship pays full tuition and fees, provides an allowance for books, and a monthly stipend of $250-$400 for 4 years of college.
What is the Nrotc college program?
The NROTC College Program is for students who have not received NROTC national scholarship. College Program students receive uniforms and Naval Science textbooks at no cost, but receive no other financial benefits. Acceptance into the College Program is handled at each individual unit.
Officers in the U.S. Navy are also paid well. In fact, the starting pay for a Navy ensign is about $37,000 a year. This is just their base pay; they also get allowances for housing and subsistence. In addition, many Navy officers get special pay such as sea pay, flight pay, hazardous duty pay and more.
Is ROTC worth it in college?
If you think a military career is right for you, ROTC can be a great option. You’ll gain plenty of leadership skills, discipline, and maturity, not to mention a head start on a rewarding career.
Can you apply for multiple ROTC scholarships?
A specific college may accept the scholarships of one, two or all three military branches. There are many more applicants each year than available scholarships, so applying for more than one could increase your chances of being awarded a ROTC full-ride college education.
What college has the largest ROTC program?
Top 15 Army ROTC Programs
- VMI boasts the largest ROTC program in the country where each year approximately 800 cadets enroll in Army ROTC.
- The ROTC Departments at The Citadel offer commissioning opportunities in all branches of the armed services.