FAQ: Smith College What Courses Do They Require You To Take In High School To Apply?
Preparing for a Smith Education
- four years of English composition and literature.
- three years of a foreign language (or two years each of two languages)
- three years of mathematics.
- three years of lab science.
- two years of history.
- 1 What are the requirements for Smith College?
- 2 What does Smith College look for in a student?
- 3 What are the main admission requirements to get into college?
- 4 Is it difficult to get into Smith College?
- 5 Can I get into Smith College with a 3.6 GPA?
- 6 Is Smith College Worth the money?
- 7 What majors is Smith College known for?
- 8 What is Smith College known for?
- 9 What high school courses are required for college?
- 10 What is needed to graduate high school?
- 11 What do colleges look for in high school students?
- 12 Can I get into Smith College with a 3.5 GPA?
What are the requirements for Smith College?
- Minimum 128 credits of academic work.
- Cumulative grade point average of 2.0 for all institutional work (including Smith Programs Abroad and Five College Interchange).
- Completion of a major.
- Satisfactory (C– or better) completion of a writing-intensive course during the first year of enrollment.
What does Smith College look for in a student?
Average GPA: 3.84 With a GPA of 3.84, Smith College requires you to be near the top of your class, and well above average. Your transcript should show mostly A’s. If your GPA is at or below the school average of 3.84, you’ll need a higher SAT or ACT score to compensate.
What are the main admission requirements to get into college?
What are the Most Important Factors in College Admissions?
- Grades in college prep courses.
- Strength of curriculum.
- Admission test scores.
- Grades in all courses.
- Extracurricular commitment.
- Letters of recommendation.
- Essay or writing sample.
- Demonstrated interest.
Is it difficult to get into Smith College?
Smith College admissions is most selective with an acceptance rate of 37%. Half the applicants admitted to Smith College have an SAT score between 1325 and 1510 or an ACT score of 31 and 34.
Can I get into Smith College with a 3.6 GPA?
Smith College’s average GPA is 3.98. Smith College does require GPA. However, Smith College considers the ENTIRE application – we can make up for a weak GPA with more factors that we’ll discuss below. If your GPA is equal to or greater than 3.98, you’re sitting right in the sweetspot.
Is Smith College Worth the money?
Based on its ranking and cost, Smith College is an extremely high value school, and near the top-tier. All this is often worth the price of admission. Furthermore, Smith College likely has a very competitive financial aid program and a low cost of attendance.
What majors is Smith College known for?
What are the most popular majors at Smith? Economics, psychology, government, biology and art.
What is Smith College known for?
Smith College is known for being a part of the Seven Sisters and one of the most elite liberal arts colleges for women in the US. It’s a moderately selective school with a 32.5% acceptance rate. Some of its most popular majors are Economics, Political Science, and English Language and Literature.
What high school courses are required for college?
More and more colleges are requiring a minimum of two years of language study while in high school. Your math classes should include at least four of the following six classes, taken in this order:
- algebra II and/or trigonometry.
What is needed to graduate high school?
High School Graduation Requirements
- Three years of English.
- Two years of mathematics (including Algebra I)
- Three years of social science (including U.S. history and geography; world history, culture, and geography; one semester of American government; and one semester of economics)
What do colleges look for in high school students?
High School Curriculum & Performance Overall, college admissions typically value students with a difficult course load and grades that represent strong efforts and upward trending scores. But in addition to curriculum and grades, colleges also look at students’ scores on the SAT or ACT.
Can I get into Smith College with a 3.5 GPA?
Applicants require exceptionally good grades to get into Smith College. The average high school GPA of the admitted freshman class at Smith College was 3.92 on the 4.0 scale indicating that primarily A- students are accepted and ultimately attend.